This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Button to Copy Long Parent Folder Path

Feb 1, 2012 at 1:58 PM

I often use "Copy Long Parent Folder Path".

I made it default.

I use it often in Totalcommander to copy the path in the left or right panel in order to paste it in my grep search software.

What I want to do is to create an icon in totalcommander and put the command  "Copy Long Parent Folder path" behind the icon.

But my question is... what is the direct command to this command?

Another question I would like to ask is if it possible to add a shortcut key to the default command in a new release?

Thank you very much for this great software!

Feb 1, 2012 at 10:24 PM
remin wrote:

I often use "Copy Long Parent Folder Path".

I made it default.

I use it often in Totalcommander to copy the path in the left or right panel in order to paste it in my grep search software.

What I want to do is to create an icon in totalcommander and put the command  "Copy Long Parent Folder path" behind the icon.

But my question is... what is the direct command to this command?

Another question I would like to ask is if it possible to add a shortcut key to the default command in a new release?

Thank you very much for this great software!

Regarding the ability to invoke Path Copy Copy directly: it's not currently possible, but would be a cool addition (and might even open a few new possibilities as well). I'll add a work item for this.

Regarding the ability to assign keyboard shortcuts: a work item for this has existed for some time now and I'm still not sure how to do this. You can vote for this feature if you like; I know it's been a long wait but I haven't given up on this yet. :-)

Feb 1, 2012 at 10:26 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Feb 1, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Some additional questions:

1. I haven't used TotalCommander. As such, I do not know exactly what type of toolbar buttons you can create there and what they can do. Could you give me some more info about this (perhaps with a few screenshots as an added bonus)?

...well it was really question after all. :-) Thanks!