This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Copying filenames without extensions.

Feb 9 at 9:42 PM
Hi, I'm trying to copy filenames without extensions, but as far as I know, there isn't an option like that actually in your program. Could you please add it?

Besides, it would be good if the program's windows could be resized horizontally as well, so previews can be seen fully. And making setting's windows remember its last size/position would be good also.

Thanks.
Coordinator
Feb 12 at 4:14 PM
Edited Feb 14 at 1:55 PM
trebol wrote:
Hi, I'm trying to copy filenames without extensions, but as far as I know, there isn't an option like that actually in your program. Could you please add it?
It's possible to do this with a custom command. Create one based on "Copy Long Name", then in the Options, select "Use regular expressions" and enter:

Find what: ^(.*)\.[^.]*$
Replace with: $1

That should give you a command that copies the filename without extension.
Besides, it would be good if the program's windows could be resized horizontally as well, so previews can be seen fully. And making setting's windows remember its last size/position would be good also.
That's a good idea, I'll enter a work item for this.
Coordinator
Feb 12 at 4:15 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Feb 14 at 2:55 AM
Edited Feb 14 at 2:56 AM
Hi, thanks for your suggestion, but it didn't worked fine here:

http://imgur.com/18V2Bw4

Maybe you could add extension less based commands as new options in the next version?
Coordinator
Feb 14 at 1:54 PM
Edited Feb 14 at 1:55 PM
My bad, the "Find what" string should've been ^(.*)\.[^.]*$ (note the additional backslash - turns out CodePlex actually strips backslashes, that's why it wasn't showing up in the first message)

I'm not sure I want to add base commands without extensions... unless maybe they are disabled by default... I suggest you enter a work item, I'll think about it.
Feb 14 at 11:41 PM
Thanks, that one worked fine.

Respect the new base command, I think it would be useful for those which have configured Windows to show extension for all the files, and don't want to copy full names each time. It doesn't have to be enabled by default, but be simply optional, as the other current ones.

Thanks.
Coordinator
Feb 16 at 4:05 PM
trebol wrote:
Thanks, that one worked fine.

Respect the new base command, I think it would be useful for those which have configured Windows to show extension for all the files, and don't want to copy full names each time. It doesn't have to be enabled by default, but be simply optional, as the other current ones.

Thanks.
No problem. As I said, feel free to add a work item and I'll look into adding the option to skip extensions.