This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Make UNC-copy work on all network paths

Mar 5, 2012 at 4:54 PM

I noticed a bug/feature?

I am using Win7 (64bit) and PathCopy 9.2.2 on a company laptop so I cannot do updates without a hazzel...

I use the tool to copy UNC paths of files and folders. Now I noticed, that the UNC-Option only works on mapped drives and is greyed out (deactivated) when I use a unc path in the explorer... instead only the regular "copy path" option works.

that is a hazzel, since now i blow up my context menu with two options that basically deliver me the same functionality. and now i have to check which one works.... that is nasty...

isn't it possibe to add a custom option to the UNC-copy-option, that allows me to copy any path as UNC (wheater I am on a mapped drive or on a unc path)?

I want the program to always give me the UNC path, whatever context i am in and not have to decide which copy option i have to use.

this would really help and decram my context menu.

cheers,

carly

Coordinator
Mar 5, 2012 at 6:49 PM

That's weird, it should work that way too. I'll transfer this to a work item and check it out.

Coordinator
Mar 5, 2012 at 6:50 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.