This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

FEATURE IDEA: copy subversion path

Nov 21, 2013 at 7:25 PM
When having a subversion working copy on your harddisk, it is often required to copy the path URL of a file or a folder. With TortoiseSVN installed on the machine, you always need to open the property menu of the item, switch to the subversion property page and copy the URL from the dialog.

The great path copy tool could offer this as an additional feature to directly copy the subversion URL to the clipboard.

Are you able to implement this feature?
Coordinator
Nov 22, 2013 at 2:53 AM
fancystuff wrote:
When having a subversion working copy on your harddisk, it is often required to copy the path URL of a file or a folder. With TortoiseSVN installed on the machine, you always need to open the property menu of the item, switch to the subversion property page and copy the URL from the dialog.

The great path copy tool could offer this as an additional feature to directly copy the subversion URL to the clipboard.

Are you able to implement this feature?
I could. I use SVN myself for some of my projects. I am unsure, however, if this plugin would be too advanced to include in the core Path Copy Copy distribution - it could be released as an outside plugin.

You can enter a work item for this, I will add it to the list of features to work on.

Or - since you use SVN, you might be a developer - maybe you'd like to implement the feature yourself and send a pull request so that I can integrate it? :-)
Nov 22, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Hello clechasseur,

I'm happy to see your positive reply on my idea.

Unfortunately, my development skills are not good enough to implement the feature. Indeed, I tried since months to find a solution to my feature idea, but I did not find something being easy enough for me to understand and implement. So I need your help here.

On the other hand, I volunteer for testing and forming the feature by discussing details with you.

I have created the work item.