Path copy copy 13.0 as trojan

Oct 11, 2016 at 12:41 PM
Hi everybody,

I just installed the new Path copy copy 13.0 version and I got an alert from my McAfee security scan for a Trojan RDN/Generic.hbg in the file:
C:\Program Files\Path Copy Copy\PathCopyCopyCOMPluginExecutor32.exe

Any idea what's that? Could it create some problems to users?

Cheers,
El granzo
Coordinator
Oct 11, 2016 at 5:07 PM
granzo wrote:
Hi everybody,

I just installed the new Path copy copy 13.0 version and I got an alert from my McAfee security scan for a Trojan RDN/Generic.hbg in the file:
C:\Program Files\Path Copy Copy\PathCopyCopyCOMPluginExecutor32.exe

Any idea what's that? Could it create some problems to users?
Not sure, it might be a false positive due to heuristics. I have an antivirus software on my own build machine and did not get any alerts from Path Copy Copy files... Did you get alerts for other apps on your system?

I'll monitor this and maybe try to rebuild if more users get this, since it might be annoying...
Oct 11, 2016 at 8:16 PM
Hi clechasseur and thanks for the quick reply,

No I didn't get any other alert, but I don't have any other antivirus either. The exe actually has been automatically delete by McAfee (company pc on which I cannot change the antivirus settings because of internal policy).

But the program still work for me maybe because I have a 64bit machine...

It might create problems for other people and scaring/alarming in general :)

You could try virustotal to see if you get the same problem:
https://www.virustotal.com/
Coordinator
Oct 11, 2016 at 11:34 PM
granzo wrote:
Hi clechasseur and thanks for the quick reply,

No I didn't get any other alert, but I don't have any other antivirus either. The exe actually has been automatically delete by McAfee (company pc on which I cannot change the antivirus settings because of internal policy).

But the program still work for me maybe because I have a 64bit machine...

It might create problems for other people and scaring/alarming in general :)

You could try virustotal to see if you get the same problem:
https://www.virustotal.com/
The program will work fine without that file, but I will release a new version anyway to get rid of the false positive. Thanks for the heads up.